2.24.2006

And a crafty good day it was

The kids are staying with my parents for three days, which gives me time to do EVERYTHING I always want to do, but never have time for! Three days is a seriously long kidfree amount of time and yesterday I could hardly decide where to begin. Michel had the day off too. First we had a go at trying to clear out the attic (there are still about a thousand boxes full of... well, junk from when we moved). We sorted out lots and threw away lots, with the result that the attic is now looking even messier than before... hmmmm.
After we had lunch we took the train to Utrecht and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening there. We did some shopping and had a lovely dinner. When we got home we opened a bottle of champagne (leftover from Newyearseve) and sat down and both worked on our first sets of ATC's (well, technically I had made two cards already).
It was so much fun. We had paper, glue, scissors, fabric, paint... the full works. It was so relaxing to experiment with everything and see how it would turn out!
Here are some I made:



The one with the little creature on it is already traded. The rest are up for trading, so let me know if you like to trade (doesn't matter whether you've never made one, just try it!) :)
the lady in the blue dress is reserved

This morning I had a lovely e-mail from my swap-partner Isabel from Portugal. She received all the goodies I sent her and was really happy with everything. I'm so glad it arrived safely and that my doll and quilt have found a good home!

Well, back to the sewingmachine now...

2 comments:

beki said...

Three whole days? I don't know what I'd do with myself, ENJOY!

Your ATC's look great ;)

Anonymous said...

ooooooooo, drie dagen "vrij". Van genieten hoor, is zo voorbij, maar dat is vaak ook weer heel fijn......!! Je ATC kaartjes zijn leuk! Na 18 maart doe ik ook mee (heb al zoveel leuke ideetjes!)