10.30.2006

Peace bringing angels

Hello folks, I'm back!

Holiday crafting

We enjoyed a lovely quiet holiday in Germany.
We did exactly what we wanted to do and so we relaxed like there was no tomorrow. And I'm so happy to say that it all did us worlds of good. Michel and I were both feeling exhausted and unwell when we left and the children both had an awful cough. But after some much needed sleep, our health improved and our heads cleared. I really feel energized enough now to face the busy times that lay ahead of us.

Anyway, I'll write some more about our holiday soon. I just want to show you the crafting that I've been able to do. At the last minute I had packed some felt and embroidery thread not knowing what I was going to do with it. However right on the first day I knew I wanted to make Christmas decorations, so that's what I did.

Smile!

I made 12 Poppe-angels that will probably go in the Christmas tree when it's time for that (seems such a long time from now!).
They were so much fun to make and I really enjoyed the freestyle- embroidery I did. I really don't know how to embroider at all :)





















I want to keep these little dolls as remainders of my peaceful time on holiday. Hopefully I'll be able to recapture that relaxed feeling even when things start to become more stressful around here.
And just to proof they really are angels (or half-angel/half-fairy as Amber states)... they have wings!

Angels

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good break. The little angels are adorable!

Claudia said...

Nice to hear you had a well-deserved break! Come to Austria next time! I received your parcel yesterday and I´m thrilled! THANKYOU! I will post about it on my blog soon.

laura capello said...

oh my, those are incrediably cute.

and i love germany. beats the pants off kansas, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

I love these little Poppe angels!They are so so cute.I must start thinking of Christmas myself!

DENMARSAH said...

Please teach me how to make those!
Wauw! Marleen
ps We love the cusion!

Anonymous said...

yes please teach us!!

They're gorgeous!!!

Maybe I'll finally learn how to blanket stitch...

serajah said...

wat zijn ze leuk! leuk idee voor in de kerstboom! orgineel!

groetjes serajah

Joanna said...

Wow, you're so on top of things. Christmas decorations already. The angel/fairies are very cute! Glad you had a nice vacation.